Suicide Prevention Training for CLASSIFIED Staff
Oxford School District
Suicide Prevention Training:
Classified and Non-Instructional Staff
(Office Staff, Cafeteria, Custodians, Maintenance, Bus Drivers)
All district employees must complete suicide prevention training and provide documentation of completion on or before October 1, 2019.
Complete the training using one of the three options below. Once you complete all required components, submit a copy of your certificate to your principal or department director.
- Completing as a Group Participant:
Stop Here. You will not create an account. You will sign the Suicide Prevention Training Sign-In Log provided by your group leader.
- Completing as a Group Leader:
If you are leading a training group, please follow the directions below and print your certificate at the end. In order to document that all employees in your training group have been trained, please have them sign-in using the Suicide Prevention Training Sign-In Log. Send the completed log via email to Dr. SuzAnne Liddell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completing Individually:
Follow the directions below to complete the state-mandated suicide prevention training for classified positions in the Oxford School District. You will receive a certificate at the end of the training and provide a copy to your principal or department director. Further directions are provided.
Directions for Options B and C
- Go to: www.jasonfoundation.com
- Click on: Get Involved tab (top right)
- Click on: Educator, Youth Worker, Coach
- Click on: Professional Development Series
- Create an Account:
- In the third paragraph there is a link to create an account. Click on the link and follow the directions to create an account.
- Click on Register Now. Be sure to indicate the name of the school district in the section school/organization info.
- After you create an account, you will be prompted to view My Courses.
- Click on: Two-hour Courses
- Click on: Youth Suicide - Silent Epidemic
- Click on: Take This Course
- Click on: Chapter 1 to start the training.
- Complete all five chapters to finish the training. There is a one-question quiz after each chapter and a ten-question quiz after Chapter 5. Chapters can be completed separately.
Required Components Length Chapter 1 30:09 minutes Chapter 2 25:58 minutes Chapter 3 16:06 minutes Chapter 4 10:13 minutes Chapter 5 8:36 minutes TOTAL 1 hour, 30 minutes
If you need help please contact your school nurse or Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Dr. SuzAnne Liddell at email@example.com or 234-3541 (Ext. 71412).