What are the benefits of Standards-Based Grading?
- Learning targets are clearly defined and aligned to the MCCRS
- Students are offered multiple opportunities and ways through which to demonstrate proficiency
- Students monitor their own progress toward the achievement of specified targets
- Specific feedback on progress helps build self-esteem, pride and motivation for students
- Grades have more meaning
- Parents are aware of what their child knows and is able to do
- Parents see the learning progression
- Parents know in what areas their child needs more support
- Parents empowered to increase their child’s confidence and to actively participate in their child’s learning goal.
- Teachers know exactly where students are in the learning continuum
- Each grade assignment has the same aligned standards and expectations
- Assessment results help teachers determine when students need more support and when they need challenging work