Meet Your Mac Information
Oxford, Mississippi (July 17, 2019) — All 7th-12th grade students must pick up their MacBook computers on the following dates from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. each day at Oxford High School.
No registration is required! Just show up!
In order to receive your laptop, you are required to:
- Be completely registered for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Pay the $75 technology fee.
- The 2019-2020 Technology Fee can be paid in person via cash or check with the office manager at Meet Your Mac or at your child’s school. You may also pay in advance on the MySchoolBucks website or mobile app. *Tech fees that are paid on MySchoolBucks must be done 48 hours in advance, allowing payment to clear prior to receiving your Mac.
- Tech Fee waivers are available to those who are eligible for Free or Reduced Meals. The 2019-2020 application will be available on July 1, 2019, and must be completed prior to picking up your Mac. To apply for Free & Reduced Meals, click here.
- Be cleared of past fees and/or fines.
Dates & Times
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019 – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 26 – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, July 29 – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- August 5, 2019 – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
*Returning students must bring their protective laptop case in order to receive their laptop! If you need replacement cases or backpacks, they will be available for sale at Meet Your Mac.
August 5, 2019 – 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
*New students will receive their district-issued laptop case and backpack at the Meet Your Mac session. These items are covered in your technology fee. You do not have to purchase them separately.
What should I expect at Meet Your Mac?
The entire technology department will be on hand to assist this complex process and will work efficiently to get students in and out quickly. Students will not be required to watch an instructional video at MYM this year.
NEW this year…
Students will be required to use an ID Card for multiple systems within the district such as buses, library, cafeteria, and technology. Last year we implemented bus passes, and this year we are expanding to multiple uses throughout the district. All middle and high school students who have completed registration will be issued their Student ID at the Meet Your Mac event. Students will receive their ID first, and then scan it to receive their laptop. There is no charge for the ID cards issued at MYM.