Return to Headlines
Reminders about Activities
Oxford, Mississippi (May 28, 2020) — Important reminders about Oxford Activities:
- High School teams will begin acclimatization on June 1. Schedules and time slots for specific sports can be found on each sport’s team webpage.
- During the two week acclimatization process, each student will only report to the sport whose season happens soonest. Every sport will be doing the exact same workout during this time. For example, if a student wants to play volleyball and basketball, they should attend the volleyball session for the acclimatization. They will not be missing out on any basketball instruction and this will in no way impact their ability to make the basketball team. The same holds true for any combination of sports. Sport-specific drills and instruction will not begin until after the two week acclimatization period.
- The 2020-2021 Activity Sign Up Form must be filled out once for each sport your child intends to participate in.
- If an athlete plays multiple sports, they should go through the acclimatization process with only the sport whose season happens soonest.
- They will begin working with multiple sports after the two week acclimatization is complete.
- Any athlete who has a physical dated on or after April 1, 2019 does not need a new physical for this school year. If you do not already have a physical on file, free physicals will be offered in the OHS Gym from 2:00-5:00 PM on Monday June 1.
- Every athlete should arrive dressed and ready for practice with a labeled water bottle. Masks must be worn by students during the check in process and will not be provided by OSD. No lingering will be allowed after practice concludes.
- Middle School teams will begin the acclimatization process on Monday June 8. Middle school acclimatization will take place in the afternoons on the campus of Oxford Middle School. Specific time slots for each middle school team will be communicated at a later date.
For information and updates, please visit the OSD Activities Webpage.