OHS Cheer Squad
The Oxford High cheerleaders serve multiple roles in our school and community. Not only are we athletes, but we also serve as crowd leaders at games and spirit raisers throughout our school. We are ambassadors on campus and in the city of Oxford. We strive to set a good example for other students and especially children.OHS Competitive Cheerleaders won the 2017 National Championship in the Medium Game Day division at the UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship! The OHS Squad won the MHSAA State Championship in Game Day in 2018!
Summer 2021 and Other Important Dates
PHYSICALS-You must have a physical on file to participate in summer practices. All physicals dated on or after April 1, 2019 are valid until May 31, 2021.
Dragonfly-Must be completed by June 15 to continue summer participation. Students must also complete the NFHSAA Sportsmanship online course.
Registration-Must be registered for school by June 15 to continue summer participation.
- All students are expected to maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times, until further notice.
- Students should arrive on time for practice and leave on time when practice concludes.
- Students who arrive after their scheduled time will not be allowed to participate.
- Students who arrive early should wait in their car until designated time. Parents will not be allowed to exit the vehicle when they drop off their child.
- Students will join the socially distanced check in line assigned to their team upon arrival.
- All students will have their temperature checked and complete a screening questionnaire on a daily basis.
- Students are required to wear a mask during the check-in process & up until the time their practice session begins. Students are not required to wear a mask while practicing.
- Students are expected to arrive dressed and ready for practice sessions. There will be no access to dressing rooms.
- Because there will be no access to dressing rooms, students are encouraged to leave all valuables, including cell phones, at home or in their vehicles. Phones are not allowed on the practice field.
- Students should bring their own full water bottle clearly labeled with their name for practices.
- There will be no lingering in groups before/after practices.
Acclimatization Practice Groups
Other Fall/Winter Events