In the spring of 2022, the Oxford School District announced Intramural Sports for 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade students under the leadership of Coach Chris Cutcliffe. We will have fall, winter, and spring seasons after school, once a month. OHS Varsity athletes will coach younger students in fun activities like kickball, dodgeball, wiffleball, and more.
Participation in Intramurals is FREE and bus transportation is available. Sign-up will be made available before each new season. We will utilize the school gymnasiums and Stone Park.
The mission of Intramurals is two-fold:
- To enhance the opportunity for our 4th, 5th, and 6th-grade students to demonstrate their readiness for middle school and prepare students for success beyond academics by providing opportunities to learn from our high school Charger students through fun, engaging activities.
- To enhance the opportunity for high school Charger students to demonstrate college, career, and life readiness by working towards Portrait of a Graduate skills and holding a leadership role while giving back to our community by sharing the valuable lessons they will learn.
- March 21: Football Session 1
- March 28: Football Session 2
- April 4: Basketball Season 1
- April 11: Basketball Season 2
- April 18: Volleyball Season 1
- April 25: Volleyball Season 2
- Central Elementary: 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Oxford Intermediate: 3:45 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Signups will close Friday, March 3 at 4:00 PM!