OMS Dance Team
The Oxford Middle School Dance Team was established in 2017 and is made up of 7th and 8th graders.
The purpose of the Oxford Middle School Dance Team is to promote school spirit, provide entertainment at athletic events, and to represent the school and community at dance team competitions.
The mission is to provide dancers with a successful and meaningful educational experience. Team members have personal goals of high academic achievement, increasing their dance ability, learning effective time management, and forming strong friendships. The success of this team is by having a strong commitment from the dancers, parental involvement, and coaches. The dancers exhibit good sportsmanship, positive attitudes toward team members, competitors, school, parents and coaches.
The 2019-2020 OMS Dance Team Placed 1st in the Jr. High Game Day Division at the MHSAA Dance Championship.
Summer 2020 and Other Important Dates
What you will need in order to attend any summer practices and tryouts:
- You must have a physical on file to participate in summer practices and tryouts. All physicals dated on or after 4/1/2019 are valid until 5/31/2021. If you do not have one… go get one, and place it in my hand prior to practice.
- OSD is providing FREE PHYSICALS on June 1st in the gym at OHS from 2-5.
- Must be a registered OSD student.
- Must have filled out the online application for OMS Dance Tryout Application.
- Must have filled out the OSD Activities Sign Up Form
- Must have all Dragonfly documents filled out by June 22nd to attend summer practices. (School Code: 2CG62E) ***Only PowerSchool First and Last Names may be used in Dragonfly! Please do not put nicknames.
-SUMMER PRACTICES ARE OPTIONAL-
1) Acclimatization Sessions are Finished! Thank you for following all guidelines and making these practices a success!
2) Optional Summer Skills/Technique practices:
July 20th - 22nd, July 24th
July 27th - 31st
*All practices will be held in the OHS Dance Room (Rm G205) located upstairs in the OHS Gym unless instructed differently by the coach.
*In order to attend any practice in July, dancers must have completed ALL necessary documents on Dragonfly. For more information about Dragonfly, please keep reading the "Dragonfly Information" announcement below.
*OXFORD Group will practice from 1:30pm-2:45pm. CHARGER Group will practice from 2:45pm-4:00pm.
OXFORD GROUP (1:30pm-2:45pm)
CHECK IN: 1:25pm - 1:35pm
CHARGER GROUP (2:45pm-4:00pm)
CHECK IN: 2:40pm - 2:50pm
Elizabeth A. Kirklyn K. Mariam A. Kendall K. Anna B. Breannah L. Natalie B. Mary Cile M. Azariah B. Elizabeth M. Lyric C. Madison P. Campbell C. Lucy P. Cianna D. Ava R. Evelyne D. Lainey S. Addison F. Sydney S. Mary Bea G. Claire T. Delilah J. Alexis W. Makayla J. Olivia W. Eleanor J. Alice W. Kamari J.
We will follow the same check-in process we did for the acclimatization sessions:
- Temperature check in the OHS Gym entrance, answer the given questions, sanitize your hands. YOU MUST WEAR YOUR MASK DURING THIS ENTIRE PROCESS. If you need to use the restroom, this is the time! You may only use the restroom in the gym lobby. You will go up the stairs by the elevator to get to our room. Do not cross the gym floor at any time.
- If you do not arrive within the 10 minute check-in time, then you will not be allowed to practice for the day.
- Come dressed for practice as there will be no access to a locker room/changing room. You may want to bring tennis shoes and jazz shoes with you.
- The room will be sanitized before each group enters and AGAIN after the final group leaves.
- No personal items in the dance room. There are 'X's' outside the dance room, 6 feet apart, where you can each place your personal items (phone, mask, shoes, etc). ONLY YOU AND YOUR WATER WILL ENTER THE ROOM! There will be no place to refill water, so bring enough!
- There are 'X's' inside the dance room, 6 feet apart, where you will stand. That is your dance space!!
- After your practice is over you will sanitize your hands again and exit the Gym through the doors on the backside of the gym. Do not cross the gym floor at anytime.
- Do not 'hang out' in groups in the parking lot waiting for a ride. Practice our social distancing rules we have set in place, At All Times!
- Times and dates can change at any time, so be patient with the process!
- If you or anyone in your home are having symptoms of Covid-19, Do Not Come. Or if you've been in contact with anyone with symptoms or with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19, Do Not Come.
- None of these practices are required. Come if you want! Stay home if you want!
- This is a learning process for all of us as we maneuver through this new way of practicing, so having patience is important!
- Have fun!!
OMS Dance Tryouts and Clinic will take place August 3rd - August 4th. Dancers MUST attend clinic on Monday, August 3rd in order to tryout on Tuesday, August 4th.August 3rd: CLINIC 1:00pm-5:00pm in OHS Dance Room- Due to social distancing, there will be 2 groups for clinic - 1:00pm-3:00pm and 3:00pm-5:00pm- Groups will be sent out via email and posted on the website closer to tryoutsAugust 4th: TRYOUTS 1:00pm-4:00pm in OHS Dance Room- Dancers will be given their tryout time for August 4th when they attend the August 3rd clinic day
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In order to attend any summer dance practice, dancers must have completed ALL necessary documents on Dragonfly by June 22nd.
*PowerSchool First and Last Name MUST be used when signing up for Dragonfly.
*OMS School Code for Dragonfly: 2CG62EHere are the steps that you may use to create a Dragonfly account and fill out the necessary forms for your dancer to participate in practices this summer:Go to www.dragonflymax.com
A few things to know:
- Click “Login/Sign Up” and follow prompts. You will create a PARENT account. Your student will make an account at a later date.
- When prompted to “get hooked up to a school,” use the following code for the 2020-2021 school year: Oxford Middle School - 2CG62E
- When prompted to “add a child” use only PowerSchool first name and PowerSchool last name.
- When you have added all of your children. Click on “submit paperwork” or “view details” under their name.
- Click on the appropriate school icon and fill out all forms for 2020-2021. Most of them can be filled out electronically on Dragonfly. There may be a few documents you have to upload a picture or scan of.
- The NFHS sportsmanship and NFHS Bullying and Hazing certificates will be done at a later time with the students if they make the team. So these documents are NOT required by June 22nd.
- If you received your physical from OHS on June 1st, then you do not have a copy of the physical to upload. That will be taken care of by the district.
- Dragonfly has not updated the physicals date requirement yet, so it may show them as expired. As long as their physical is dated on or after April 1, 2019, they are good.
Please let Coach Roberson know if you have any questions!