B.E.S. School-Parent Compact: Shared Responsibilities for Academic Achievement 2021 - 2022
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students to meet Mississippi’s academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual student’s academic achievement.
- Provide parents with request reports on their child’s progress.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer in their child’s school and to participate in school activities.
- Have your child at school each day on time.
- Give your child support and a quiet place to complete homework.
- Encourage your child to read or read to your child 15-20 minutes each day, without distractions.
- Participate in decisions about your child’s education through PTO, committees, etc.
- Be engaged in your child’s education and ask for help from the school to help you assist your child in his/her efforts at home.
- Emphasize the importance of “every day” math in your child’s life.
- Attend school every day ready to learn.
- Complete any homework given for the day.
- Read something of interest every day outside of school time.
- Deliver all notices and information you may receive at school to an adult in your home.
- Give maximum effort to your education at all times.
Last Modified on September 7, 2021