Jamf Parent App
Jamf Parent is an app you can use to manage your child’s school-issued iPad outside of school hours with the following features:
- Allow and restrict apps
- Set a timer for app restrictions
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to add your child’s iPad with Jamf Parent by scanning a QR code on your child’s device.
This is only available for 7th-12th grade school-issued devices that are taken home each day. This platform only works outside of school hours.
- Download Jamf Parent from the App Store on an iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- On your child’s school-issued device, tap the Self Service app icon:
- Tap the Jamf Parent icon in the top-right corner. This should open a screen with a QR code.
- Open the Jamf Parent app on your device.
- Tap Get Started. Tap Scan QR Code.
- The first time you use Jamf Parent, you must allow Jamf Parent to access the camera to scan QR codes.
- Using Jamf Parent, scan the QR code on your child’s device.
- When prompted, tap Confirm. Repeat steps 2 through 8 to add more children’s devices.