Internet Discounts for COVID-19
The following companies are offering discounted services in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots for 60 days.
- Unlimited data to its customers for no extra charge.
- Will not disconnect internet service or charge late fees for customers who say they can't pay their bills.
- Providing 60 days of free basic internet service to new customers.
- Free access to its public WiFi hot spots.
- Suspending the termination of wireless, home phone or broadband service when customers can't pay their bills because of coronavirus disruptions. They will also be waiving related fees.
- Consumer home internet customers will receive unlimited data.
- Offering free wireless data for approved learning sites for K-12 students
- Working with customers impacted by COVID-19 on an individual basis to ensure they have access to the services they need.
- Offering a number of discounted services including a telehealth app that allows patients to contact clinicians at UMMC for nonemergency conditions.
- 60 days unlimited smartphone data
- 20GB of additional mobile hotspot service
- Future reference- T-Mobile’s EmpowerED 2.0 program for hotspots-
- Information here: https://www.t-mobile.com/business/education/empowered2
- Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, eligible households interested in this solution can call: 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
- For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
- Altice is the parent company for Optimum. Ellen from Tuckahoe called (877)298-8998, which is CableMover Hotline, and put in the zip codes for our district and the automated system said they were Optimum addresses and directly connected me. I gave some actual addresses in our district to the rep, who confirmed they were Optimum addresses. I then sent the info above to our families.
- We’ll send all new customers a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee.
- To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- Parents have to call 844-488-8395 starting Monday, March 16 for grades k-college
- Free internet for 60 days with more information coming on installation instructions and programs guidelines
- 100 mbps speed
- Open internet (your device needs to set up filtering apart from this)
- Public Wi-Fi hotspot will also be made available so no credentials should be needed
- Spectrum informed a family in Tuckahoe when they called this number that there was no active service close to their address so they would not be willing to connect them. Spectrum is the one who suggested we called CableMover Hotline 877-298-8998 which connected us with Optimum. See notes under Altice above.
Free WiFi 60 days — Optimum is rolling out a free Internet program on Monday. Families will need to call optimum and ask for the “free Internet program” and explain their situation as it relates to the COVID19 emergency. (Ex: there are students in the house, schools have closed and lessons are online.) Optimum will set up a router at their location. NY sales rep 1-718-617-3500.