Instructions for Oxford Dream Line Readers
- Choose your favorite picture book to share (the book level doesn't matter).
- Video yourself reading the book. You can be as creative as you want!
- Submit your video via Google Drive (see instructions below).
- If videoing from phone, turn phone horizontal, and keep it steady.
- If videoing from laptop, use Quicktime movie recording and be sure the microphone is turned on.
- Speak loud and clear.
- Be sure both you and the book are visible.
- Consider the backdrop and lighting for great quality.
- Be CREATIVE. Use your IMAGINATION. “Get into Character” (dress up if you wish). Read with your own child if you wish (no classroom students, please, as this will be on YouTube).
Don’t forget “the opener”!
Be sure to include an "opener" at the beginning of your video:
- Tell who you are
- Tell how you are known in Oxford (ex: I’m Robyn Tannehill, Oxford’s Mayor.)
- Reference that you are reading for the “Oxford Dream Line”.
- State the book title and author. THIS IS THE LAST THING YOU WILL SAY BEFORE READING.
This opener should be short, sweet, and to the point.
“Hi, my name is Robyn Tannehill. I am Oxford’s Mayor. I’m so excited to read today’s
featured book for the Oxford Dream Line. Today’s book is The Giving Tree by Shel
Silverstein.” (Show book here, then begin reading.)
How to Submit Your Video:
- Upload your video to Google Drive
- Once video upload is complete:
- RIGHT CLICK on the video file from in Google Drive
- Select Share
- Enter: email@example.com
- Click the pencil on the right
- Select CAN EDIT
- Hit SEND