Tryout Information for Activities in the Oxford School District
Summer Practice Schedule
Based on recommendations from the MHSAA, tryout dates have been postponed. Tryouts for fall sports will begin no earlier than July 20. Tryouts for all other activities and sports will begin no earlier than August 3. Band, speech & debate, and chorus are not included in these dates.
No student shall be punished or restricted from participation in future and/or current activities due to non-participation in June/July activities.
Any student in a high risk category (diabetes, asthma, immunosuppressant medication, etc.) is encouraged to participate virtually or seek clearance from a medical professional.
As always, a physical is required for participation. Any physical dated on or after April 1, 2019 is valid through May 31, 2021 per MHSAA Guidelines. Free physicals will be offered in the OHS Gym on June 1 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. for anyone who does not have a current physical.
The following procedures will be in place for summer activities:
- All students are expected to maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times, until further notice.
- Students should arrive on time for practice and leave on time when practice concludes. Students who arrive after their scheduled time will not be allowed to participate. Students who arrive early should wait in their car until their designated time. Parents will not be allowed to exit the vehicle when they drop off their child.
- Students will join the socially distanced check in line assigned to their team upon arrival.
- All students will have their temperature checked and complete a screening questionnaire on a daily basis.
- Students are required to wear a mask during the check in procedure and up until the time their practice session begins. Students are not required to wear a mask while practicing.
- Students are expected to arrive dressed and ready for practice sessions. There will be no access to dressing rooms.
- Because there will be no access to dressing rooms, students are encouraged to leave all valuables, including cell phones, at home or in their vehicles.
- Students should bring their own water bottle clearly labeled with their name for practices.
- There will be no lingering in groups allowed after practices are completed.
- All students will complete a two week acclimatization process. All of these sessions will take place outdoors on the campus of Oxford Middle School. Your child’s coach will be in touch with details on your child’s times and locations.