Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
Protecting the health and welfare of students is a concern that all school administrators face each and every day. Student Accident Insurance helps ease those concerns by providing benefits for injuries that occur during school hours and or school sponsored and supervised activities (i.e. athletics, gym class, playground, field trips, JROTC, etc). Student accident insurance serves to reduce or completely eliminate any out of pocket expenses not paid by primary coverage including copays, deductibles, coinsurance, etc, and will pay on a primary basis in the absence of other collectible coverage. With the increasing trend of high deductible plans, and more of the cost share shifted to the insured, Student Accident Coverage has become more important than ever! This means even if you have health insurance, you should consider purchasing this accident plan as a secondary insurance!
The school district provides accident insurance for injuries incurred by your child at school; however the plan has limitations. We are offering a voluntary plan that can be stacked on top of the benefits provided by our group plan.
Reasons to Purchase this Coverage:
- Deductibles and co-pays in your health plan. Many health plans have increased the amount of out-of-pocket expenses. This plan will pay all or most of the deductibles and co-pays that you may be out of pocket in the event of an injury.
- No insurance.
This plan will provide benefits for medical expenses incurred because of an accident. If you have other insurance, our benefits will be applied to your deductible or co-pay. If you have no other insurance this will become your primary accident plan.
To purchase coverage:
- Go to website: www.sas-mn.com
- Click under K12 ‘Find My School’
- Choose State
- Choose School District
- Follow instructions to choose plan and make payment online
- Print proof of coverage
- Coverage will become effective at 12:01 a.m. following the date the enrollment is made online and premium are paid.
- All questions regarding the coverage may be directed to Student Assurance Services, Inc., at 800-328-2739.
Rates for Voluntary Coverage
Coverage Type Basic Plan Premier Plan Full Time Coverage*, Grades PK-12
$85 $152 School-Time Coverage, Grades PK-8
$15 $28 School-Time Coverage, Grades 9-12
$48 $90 Football Coverage
(grades 10-12 and grades 7-9 if practicing or participating in 10-12 football)
$97 $240 Extended Dental Coverage, Grades PK-12 $8 $8
*NOTE: Full Time is 24-hour coverage which extends to accidents which may occur at home or anywhere else not school related.