Participation in the AVID Program
Implementation of the AVID Program will be schoolwide at Oxford Intermediate School (grades 5 and 6). Students in grades 7-10 will have the opportunity to enroll in AVID elective classes.
Who may participate in the AVID elective class?
Students who have the potential and desire to attend a four-year college and:
- are generally in the “academic middle”, or B/C students,
- have a 2.0 to 3.5 GPA and average to high test scores and are on grade level in reading and math,
- are capable of being successful in rigorous curriculum and willing to enroll in Honors or Advanced Placement (AP) courses through grades 6-12,
- have a good attendance record and positive work habits, and/or
- possess a special circumstance where AVID can support.
Students interested in enrolling in the AVID elective class should submit an application to the AVID site coordinator.