Oxford Chargers Swimming
Swimming tryouts have been moved to Monday, August 10. Due to COVID-19 restrictions from our pool facility, we are limited to only 24 swimmers at a time. Therefore, you must be pre-scheduled to be able to tryout. Please contact Coach Robert Gonzalez at email@example.com if you have not already done this and are interested.
The Oxford School District will start acclimatization June 1st. Due to the long break, swimmers are encouraged to participate in these sessions to ease back into traditional practices, especially ones who have not already resumed swimming or other physical activities.
Our Week 1 we will go Tuesday (June 2 first day), Thursday, and Friday from 10:30 a.m.-noon (or as needed). Swimmers must arrive for check-in, do their screener, and report a temperature of under 100.4 F.
1) You must have a physical dated after April 1, 2019 to participate.
2) Arrive on time wearing a mask. You must wear the mask to the field, take it off for the workout, then put it back on when you leave the field.
3) Come fully dressed as there will be no access to the locker room.
4) Check-in will be at the baseball field where we will have a marked table. You may park as you normally would as if you were going to weights. If you fail your screener, you will be dismissed for 14 days or until a doctor certifies a negative COVID-19 level.
5) Please bring your own water bottle labeled with your name. Per health guidelines, there will not be water coolers available. Water breaks are scheduled every 10 minutes during the workout.
6) Maintain six feet social distancing at all times... in the check-in line, going to the field, during workouts, and again when leaving. Do not gather in groups!
7) When work outs are complete you must immediately exit campus. No lingering or hanging out permitted. Please make sure your ride is on time so you don't have to wait.
8) Parents will not be allowed to leave their vehicles.
If you have any questions please call me at 662-574-9010 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check this website and your email daily for updates.
**Free physicals for those who do not have one will be Monday June 1 from 2-5 at OHS Gym. **
TUPELO, MS | October 27, 2018
The Oxford High School Chargers swim team finished off a succeessful 2018 campaign with a third place team finish at the MHSAA State Swimming Championship held at the Tupelo Aquatic Center. Behind two team record performances, the Chargers finished in the top three in MHSAA for the second consecutive year breaking the 100-point scoring mark for the first time since 2010.
The Lady Chargers scored 62 points in the performance, narrowly missing out on the runner-up award (Ocean Springs) by five points. Highlighted by team record swims in the 200- and 400-yard Freestyle relays, Oxford had its highest girls finish since 2011. Julia Dennis led the way with second place finish in the Girls 50 Freestyle with a lifetime best 25.20 second mark. In the same race, Oxford became the first school in MHSAA girls history to see four swimmers advance to the Finals in the same event. Ellonor Maxwell, 4th, Kate Byars, 5th, and Caki Field 6th, rounded out the highest scoring event of the meet.
The Chargers quartet of Charles and Vance Byars, Will Carrington and Neil Cipkowski, also, finished 4th place but in surprising fashion. Behind three strong relay efforts, including Bronze in the 200 medley and free, the Boys unexpectedly moved up to fourth place on their side scoring 42 points.