Projects vs. Posters - What is the difference?
Science projects are eligible to move on to the MSEF Region VII Science and Engineering Fair.
Projects use the steps of the scientific method to test a hypothesis:
- establish a PURPOSE
- develop a HYPOTHESIS
- develop a PROCEDURE
- record DATA in a log
- summarize RESULTS using tables, charts and graphs
- draw a CONCLUSION
- present all the above attractively on a tri-fold poster
Science Research Poster, Collection, or Model
Science research posters are NOT eligible to move on to the MSEF Region VII Science and Engineering Fair.
For this category, students may either research a science topic, create a model, or create a collection.
- Use at least 2 sources of information.
- Prepare a poster attractively presenting the information.
- Models and collections must be neatly presented.
- Be knowledgeable of the research and able to present.