OHS Dance Team
The purpose of the Oxford Chargerettes Dance Team is to promote school spirit, provide half-time entertainment at athletic events, and to represent the school and community at dance team competitions.
The mission is to provide dancers with a successful and meaningful educational experience. Team members have personal goals of high academic achievement, increasing their dance ability, learning effective time management, and forming strong friendships. The success of this team is by having a strong commitment from the dancers, parental involvement, and coaches. The dancers exhibit good sportsmanship, positive attitudes toward team members, competitors, school, parents and coaches.
News & Announcements
Summer 2020 and Other Important Dates
~ June 1st-14th Acclimatization will be held at OMS on the practice field.
~Summer practices will be held in room G205 located upstairs in the OHS Gym.
~Tryouts will be held in room G205 located upstairs in the OHS Gym
What you will need in order to attend any summer practices and tryouts:
- You must have a physical on file to participate in summer practices and tryouts. All physicals dated on or after 4/2019 are valid until May 31, 2021. If you do not have one… go get one, and place it in my hand prior to practice.
- OSD is providing FREE PHYSICALS on June 1st in the gym at OHS from 2-5.
- Must be a registered OSD student.
- Must have filled out the online application for OHS Dance Tryouts located on our social media accounts.
- Must have filled out the ‘Activities Sign Up Form’ located on the OSD Website.
-OPTIONAL SUMMER PRACTICES/TRYOUTS-
1) Acclimatization Sessions:
10:30-12:30 at the OMS Practice Field
- We will follow all COVID-19 guidelines, see below (1-11).
- Wear shorts, tank top, tennis shoes.
- Have your hair pulled up.
- Remember sunscreen.
- You may wear a hat or visor, if needed.
- Make sure you bring your own full water bottle. There is no place to re-fill water bottles.
Follow This Process:
- All athletes will report to the sign-in tent located by the home side ticket booth at their assigned time.
- Once dance team athletes have been screened they will walk over to the practice field and place their water bottles where the coach tells them to.
**ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE EXPECTED TO ADHERE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES**
- All students are expected to maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times, until further notice.
- Students should arrive on time for practice and leave on time when practice concludes.
- Students who arrive after their scheduled time will not be allowed to participate.
- Students who arrive early should wait in their car. Parents will not be allowed to exit their vehicle when they drop off their child.
- Students will join the socially distanced check-in line assigned to their team upon arrival.
- All students will have their temperature checked and complete a screening questionnaire on a daily basis.
- Students are required to wear a mask during the check-in process & up until the time their practice session begins. Students are not required to wear a mask while practicing.
- Students are expected to arrive dressed and ready for practice sessions. There will be no access to dressing rooms.
- Because there will be no dressing rooms, students are encouraged to leave all valuables, including phones, at home or in their vehicles. Phones are not allowed on the practice field.
- Students should bring their own full water bottle clearly labeled with their name to all practices.
- There will be No lingering in groups before/after practices.
Acclimatization Groups and Times: June 3rd-5th (and 8th-11th)
~Blue Group 10:30am-11:30am
- Aubrey Armstrong
- Jena Enfinger
- Audrey Case
- Kai Jeffreys
- Caroline Berry
- Karen Carothers
- Caroline McCready
- Katie Brewer
- Claire Cizdziel
- Lilly Grace Robinson
- Gracie Burkes
- Sneha Majumdar
- Graham Sherman
~Gold Group~ 11:30am-12:30pm
- Amanda Traylor
- Keira Serrano
- Avery Johnson
- Layton Lawhead
- Caroline Ingraham
- Mae Maxwell
- Eliza Webb
- Maddie Cook
- Georgia Mercier
- Mattie Beauchamp
- Hannah Davis
- Megan Bundren
- Kaitlyn Heard
- Zoe Rubenstein
2) Optional Summer Skills/Technique practices:
*All practices will be held Tues-Thurs in Rm G205 unless instructed differently by the coach.
*All practices will be 9:30am-12:30pm and split into groups within this time frame.
*More details to come regarding the groups, times, and process of these practices.
- June 16th-18th
- June 23rd-25th
- July 7th-9th
- July 14th-16th
- July 28th-30th
*Tryouts are set for August 3-4 in Rm 205 located in the OHS Gym. These dates are subject to change.
*More information regarding times and the tryout process to come.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (818) 926-6171.